Happy birthday, Wifey! (Yes, I said wifey. At some point over our last five years of marriage it’s actually become kind of weird if I call her Krista. Ya know, kind of like when your parents call you by your full name.) Anyways, happy 27th birthday! To celebrate, I thought I’d take-over your blog for a morning and share 5 things I love about you.
5. I love that you get things done at home, work, and… the gym!
Yes, I imagine you’re not thrilled that I shared this video. And by not thrilled, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t down by midmorning. But, look at you! You are crushing some pull-ups when less than a year ago you couldn’t do any. And that’s so typical of you–you set goals and go after them. You work hard in everything you do, and this is proof.
4. I love that you could live on only margherita pizza, wine, and a good book. Sure, it’d be nice to maybe cut pizza dinners down to one, maybe two nights a week. But who doesn’t love pizza!?
3. I love that you give it to people straight. Kindly, but straight. I love the way that you are able to share your heart with people, whether it be through photographs, designs, or hanging out with me and the puppies, or being with students at Young Life. It’s always encouraging and honest.
Although I could use less of that honesty when I get dressed in the morning, when I’m making dinner, or as I give input on house designs…
2. I love that you love to lounge with me and the puppies on weekend afternoons.
1. But mostly, I love that you are a smart, beautiful, Jesus-loving woman, and you love me, Goose, and D’leh well! Happy birthday–I’m excited to spend another year with you!