My biggest complaint when Instagram launched Stories was there would be no way I could possibly maintain a story in both Snapchat and Instagram. But it turns out that you can add saved videos and images—including your Snapchat Story—to your story in Instagram. Here’s how:
To add saved images or video to Instagram Stories:
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap the camera icon in the top left corner or swipe right.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Choose a saved photo or video from the last 24 hours.
- Select a filter, doodle, or add an emoji.
- Upload the photo or video to your story by selecting the check mark at the bottom.
If you’re trying to add your Snapchat Story to your Instagram story, just download your story from Snapchat. Remember you will only be allowed to upload images taken/downloaded in the last 24 hours to your Instagram story.
<<Related: Learn how to use Instagram’s NEW disappearing photos and videos feature. >>
To download your Snapchat Story:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Swipe left to open Stories.
- Find your story at the top and select the icon to the right with the arrow pointing down to the box to download.
- If you’re using Memories, the story will save there; if not, the story will save to your photos.
- If you’re using Memories, select the story from Memories and save the video (icon with arrow pointing up out of a box).
- The image or video will be saved in your photos.
- Open Instagram and follow the directions above to load your Snapchat story into Instagram Stories.