I think SEM Rush and Ahrefs are too powerful for your average user. Especially, for somebody who’s just getting started. It’s like we were saying, those the audits are going to turn up a long list of stuff and if you’re not quite familiar with and all those things we’re going to look at and say there are 1000 things on my website that I need to fix and I’m out, I’m not doing SEO anymore. So, I think those tools are a little overpowered for your average user and for especially beginners.
Leah MacDaniel, SEO Specialist and Account Manager over at the Till Agency, joins me for another Brands that Books Show and Stuff Marketers Say podcast crossover episode. After chatting with her last week, we decided to follow up that episode about SEO for 2022 with another episode chatting through some of our favorite website optimization tools. In this episode we chat specifically about our favorite tools for website audits, content research, and website speed along with a few others. We don’t chat only about the expensive more professional tools but also share a few affordable tools as well.
Find it Quickly
- 4:54 – What do we mean by Website Optimization?
- 6:47 – Where do we start with Website Optimization?
- 7:55 – Where do we start after a website audit?
- 9:57 – Comparing SEMrush and Ahrefs
- 12:10 – Recommendation for a lower cost tool
- 13:60 – Why use a tool for content research vs. intuition?
- 17:30 – Favorite content tools
- 24:54 – Improving website speed
- 35:00 – Number one recommendation for your first tool to get started
- 36:48 – Other tool recommendations
- 37:43 – What optimization tasks make the biggest difference
- 42:34 – Where you should put your time in and where should you consider hiring out/
- Keywords Everywhere
- Answer the Public
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Core Website Vitals Podcast
- PageSpeed Insights
- WP Rocket
- Rank Math
- SEO Press
More about Leah…
Leah is an SEO Specialist and Account Manager over at the Till Agency. She was born and raised in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and has always been passionate about sustainability and the outdoors. She loves teaching folks about things like composting, zero-waste, veganism, leave no trace, and sustainability.
Not only is she a SEO specialist but an amazing photographer! She loves to learn and is constantly in the middle of honing some new skill; from SEO and copywriting to vintage camera repair.
Save it for later…