“It wasn’t a choice for us to start Flodesk. It had to happen and we knew we were the only people in the world who could set out to solve this problem for this particular market. It was like a calling, there was no option, we had to do this.”
Martha and Rebecca, the founders of Flodesk, join me today for a conversation about email marketing and how Flodesk came to be. Flodesk launched late last year, but in a short amount of time it has become a very popular email marketing platform, especially among creative professionals.
I chat with Martha and Rebecca about what made them pursue building an email marketing platform even though there are so many different options out there. I think anyone building a business, especially in a market where they feel it’s saturated or there are lots of other options, can benefit from listening to this episode.
If you haven’t checked out Flodesk, give it a try. If you’ve never done any email marketing before, I think you’ll find it pretty intuitive to use and if you have experience with email marketing, I think you’ll find their email designer to be a breath of fresh air.
Find it Quickly
- 3:43 – How Flodesk began
- 11:12 – Determining what to build and how to be different
- 16:10 – When and how they settled on what Flodesk was going to look like
- 20:54 – Why you should implement email marketing in your business and how
- 24:18 – Full page form (new feature)
- 28:48 – How they’ve decided on features and design
- 33:44 – Biggest inspirations for the platform
- 35:24 – The different aspects of design that drove Flodesk
- 37:05 – Tips for email marketing and various ways their users have used Flodesk
More about Martha and Rebecca
Martha and Rebecca are the founders of Flodesk, a new email marketing software that makes it ridiculously easy for you to design emails people love to get.
Save it for later…