“If you believe in yourself, you have to spend the money sometimes. It is scary to invest in yourself because that means you can’t blame the failure on anybody else. I’m super glad I made that investment! I would encourage people to really take those mentorship masterminds seriously and invest in them.”
Anna Wright of Anna Kay Photography joins me on the podcast today to discuss growing from the no’s: how to learn from feedback and criticism. And as a background as an officer in the Air Force and a nurse, she knows a thing or two about dealing with stressful situations and accepting feedback.
As I’ve suggested in past episodes, I think the topic of feedback and criticism is important. There’s so many situations in business, especially early on, where accepting feedback or criticism from the wrong people can really negatively alter the course of a business. And on the other hand, not learning to deal with criticism and accept feedback can prevent one from growing. We cover many of these talking points and more in this episode!
Find it Quickly
- 5:40 – What can I be working on in my business right now during the pandemic?
- 9:07 – Being in a mastermind during a pandemic
- 11:54 – Transitioning to photography after leaving the Air Force
- 16:04 – Growing her business and the obstacles she faced
- 18:35 – Anna’s process in accepting criticism and how it helped her grow
- 21:43 – Looking at your clients’ boundaries and determining why they didn’t book you
- 24:57 – Responding to someone who doesn’t want to work with you
- 29:24 – Things Anna invested in at the beginning and who she let give her criticism
- 36:20 – Tips for taking those harsher comments/criticism
- 41:45 – What to look for when it comes to finding a mentor that will help you grow?
- BTB Episode 99: Building a Mastermind Program
- Pricing Guide
- Amy & Jordan Free Online Photo Class
More about Anna
Anna Wright is a San Antonio based hybrid wedding and portrait photographer. With community and connection as the pillars of her business, Anna has created a business that feels luxurious and comfortable at the same time. Her work has been featured in publications like Inspired by This, Hey Wedding Lady and The White Wren. Anna loves working with new photographers to help them realize their potential and help them navigate those early stages of business. When she’s not working, you’ll find her with a caramel latte, planning another vacation, and having dance parties with her husband and 3 kids.
Website | Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest
Save it for later…