“I think when people were seeing what I was putting out there, where it was really cool people getting married with really stylish non-typical wedding outfits in non-typical wedding venues at the time; this was before ranch weddings were really popular. Then that’s the sort of people that were attracted to my work. Like attracts like, to a big degree.”
Today’s guest is serial entrepreneur, Braedon Flynn. Braedon has not only built successful photography businesses, but he’s also the founder of Film Supply Club, a membership site for film shooters that provides deals on all sorts of photography resources from film to cameras and accessories.
During today’s episode we explore how Braedon got started as an entrepreneur, things that made both his photography businesses and Film Supply Club successful, and a few of the differences in marketing two very different types of businesses. We covered quite a few things as well, from book recommendations to how he books high end clients.
Find it Quickly
- 2:10 – How Braedon started his businesses
- 6:33 – What drew Braedon to film
- 8:58 – Film Supply Club
- 10:45 – The idea and inspiration behind Film Supply Club
- 18:07 – Marketing for Film Supply Club
- 22:45 – Two things that helped Braedon be successful in his businesses
- 24:39 – YouTube and its impact on Film Supply Club
- 28:45 – Building his photography business and getting into the higher end market
- 34:56 – Tips for serial entrepreneurials
- The Photo Report: Branding and Marketing with Davey Jones
- The Science of Getting Rich
- The Automatic Customer: Creating a Subscription Business in Any Industry
More about Braedon
I’ve been a photographer for 15+ years, 10 of those being full time shooting everything from fashion/lifestyle, to music/bands, architectural to weddings. I specialize now in multi-day destination events – mostly weddings. Being mainly a film shooting photographer, I started a company called Film Supply Club to support the film shooting community of photographers to save them money on film and other products and services. We have around 800 members with some of the most well-known and respected names in the wedding space, as well as non-wedding shooters.
I also run a podcast, chatting through the business side of being a creative entrepreneur, freelancer or photographer called The Photo Report. All of my newest projects all focus on supporting, educating and equipping people that create for a living. It’s my passion and what brings me joy.
I’m also a father of 4 kids and a husband to an amazingly supportive wife.
Save it for later…