“I shot 40 weddings at $6-7,000 average and made $250,000. 2019, this year, I have 20 weddings with almost $450,000 revenue. So I shot less and almost doubled my revenue by scaling.”
Today’s episode features photographer Devin Robinson, founder of Anchor and Veil and co-owner of the Kreativ Summit. I had the opportunity to catch Devin’s breakout session at United, where he presented on an Instagram strategy that was really unlike anything else that I’ve heard about making Instagram work for your business. Regardless of whether you think you can make this strategy work for you, I think there are a lot of really helpful insights in this episode.
Also, if you are a photographer looking for a conference, check out Kreativ Summit. The next conference is in January and it features a great line-up of educators. Plus, it’s in sunny Florida, which as far as I am concerned, is the place to be in the middle of January.
Find It Quickly
- 5:19 – Devin’s entrepreneurial journey
- 10:05 – When and how he realized it was time to hire associates
- 14:36 – Devin’s approach to Instagram
- 18:07 – How many people can you follow on Instagram and talking about the algorithm
- 28:50 – Why and how this strategy works for guys too
- 30:54 – Interact with people how you would in real life
- 31:45 – How to find the ideal client on Instagram
- 35:09 – Time commitment for this strategy
- 37:13 – Who to follow and unfollow
- 38:30 – Use social media to be kind
More about Devin Robinson:
Devin is the owner of Anchor & Veil Photography. A studio with 5 photographers, and 2 cinematographers. He also owns a marketing firm and understands how to market in this day and age.
Save it for later…