“If you’re thinking you’re going to hire in the in the future and in general, it makes you more organized to create system for everything. I think that’s one of the things that we’ve done a really good job with over at Till, not suggest we haven’t done a good job with it over at DK, but we have the benefit of all the lessons learned. It’s that we have standard operating procedures for a lot of our different systems and we’ve had a lot of canned emails that we’ve had from the start and that makes it really easy; one, to make sure that you’re on-boarding people in a uniform way and everybody sees the same sort of expectations that they need to see. And two, that people understand exactly what’s expected of them”
Krista is back on the podcast and this week we’re chatting about what we’ve learned over the past few years about building team. Everything from the fears we had before hiring our first team members to why we decided to primarily hire employees instead of contractors and some tips that we have for the hiring process. We hope that you find these reflections helpful especially if you’re considering starting to grow a team yourself.
Find it Quickly
- 6:20 – Things we did before our first hire
- 10:19 – When you should hire
- 12:15 – Employees vs. Contractors
- 17:40 – Who should you hire first?
- 20:32 – Hiring Process
- 25:50 – Interview Process
- 28:20 – Tips for On-boarding an Employee
- 30:13 – Contracts for Employees
- 31:32 – Marketing for your Associates
- 33:50 – Best tasks that have been handed off
- 35:07 – Biggest Pain points in Hiring
Save it for later…