“Great photography actively sells for your business at a scale that a sales staff could never match. It speaks for you 24/7-365 and it’s constantly preaching your brand’s message to potential clients.'”
Today’s guest are brand photographers Erica and Jon, and we’re chatting about how they successfully pivoted from wedding photography to brand photography, and how specializing has allowed them to become much more profitable as a business.
Erica + Jon have a pretty incredible client roster featuring businesses like the Chicago White Sox. There are a number of practical takeaways in this episode for any business who is looking to pivot or further specialize in whatever they do.
Find it quickly…
- 3:08 – Erica + Jon’s story and where they got their start
- 5:36 – What lead them to brand photography?
- 7:33 – Transitioning from luxury weddings to their own brand photography business
- 11:00 – Biggest frustrations in pivoting and focusing on brand photography
- 12:13 – Erica + Jon: a unique, relational aspect to brand photography
- 14:21 – How to make such a successful transition from weddings to branding
- 20:32 – Pricing confidently
- 23:08 – The most effective marketing channel
- 25:07 – Why should people invest in a brand photographer and how often?
- 31:09 – Brand photography education
More about Erica and Jon:
Erica and Jon are a husband and wife brand photography team that partner with commercial and personal brands to plan, style and intentionally create compelling imagery for marketing. Their work has appeared on billboards, storefront signs and magazine spreads across the country.
Like the episode? Pin it for later…