“We really want to be as invested in your business and your growth as you are, so having that initial time to get to know you and your business and where you want to be—while obviously getting to know your editing style—is hugely important to us.”
Want to grow your wedding business to 25 events a year?
What about 50?
What about 250?
Today I am chatting with Jake and Ryan, the founders of Freedom Edits, the outsourcing solution for photographers and videographers who want their lives back. But before they started Freedom, they were photographers who grew their wedding photography business to about 250 weddings a year.
So, of course, I wanted to know how they were able to grow their business to that volume. As you can imagine, a lot of it had to do with hiring and outsourcing. We talk about how they used similar strategies to scale Freedom, and what they’ve learned along the way.
Find it quickly…
- 2:45 – How did Freedom Edits get its start / how did Jake and Ryan meet?
- 9:03 – How did a trust form with your clients having both started a company at a young age?
- 11:29 – How did you scale your business?
- 14:12 – What’s the first step one should take in scaling their business?
- 17:50 – How did the idea of Freedom Edits come to be?
- 20:22 – What were the first steps you took to create Freedom Edits and what were you looking for in an editing company that you didn’t see in others?
- 23:09 – What are some of the problems you were trying to solve with Freedom Edits?
- 27:58 – What is the process when working with Freedom Edits?
- 30:03 – How much about client experience had you learned along the way versus what you already knew you wanted to incorporate into your business?
- 35:22 – What are the biggest hang-ups people face when outsourcing (ex. image editing)?
- 39:54 – When someone outsources a wedding to Freedom Edits, how much time are they saving?
Resources mentioned in the episode:
- Freedom Edits: Get your first order FREE! Just reference “Brands that Book” on the order form. Terms and Conditions do apply: “The ‘Free Order’ is for new customers only. Redeemable off editing services, not culling. Your ‘free order’ cannot exceed 750 basic edit images.
More about Jake, Ryan, and Freedom Edits:
Ryan launched a wedding photography during his final year of university in 2009 and quickly developed an associate brand shooting 200 weddings a year by employing big business strategies on a smaller budget. After trying all the image editing outsourcing solutions, it became clear that there were consistency and culling issues across the board so Freedom Edits began. Jake and Ryan launched Freedom in June 2016 and Freedom quickly became known for its quality and ability to replicate each of its client’s aesthetics.
Enjoy this episode? Pin it for later…