Stuck in a difficult client situation? In this episode we’re discussing what do when you’re in the midst of one, and how to avoid future difficult client situations.
Once in a while we work with difficult clients.
It happens—even after years of being in business and developing different ways to screen prospective clients.
Chances are you’ll work with a difficult client, too. Maybe that’s why you’re here in the first place. You’re already “in it” and you’re looking for ways to deal with it.
Or maybe you’re looking to avoid this experience altogether.
We’re covering both of these things in this episode:
Part 1: When It’s Already Too Late – What to do when you’re in the midst of it.
Part 2: How to Prevent it from Happening Again – Tips for screening clients so you’re working with the right clients.
Here are a few ways to deal with difficult client situations when you’re in the midst of one.
Find it Quickly:
- 2:50 – What makes a difficult situation difficult?
- 6:00 – How does one prepare to deal with a difficult client situation?
- 12:30 – Meeting in person vs jumping on the phone
- 15:33 – A few things contracts should include to make difficult client situations easier
- 18:10 – What to do when someone who didn’t sign the contract (say the mother of the groom) is upset about your services (photos delivered for example)
- 19:00 – Spotting difficult clients ahead of time
- 21:00 – How to end a relationship with a client gracefully
- 27:17 – What to do when a client doesn’t pay
- 30:10 – How to tell a client you’re not a good fit
- 37:10 – How to prequalify clients
- 41:10 – Referring clients who aren’t a good fit
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
Enjoy this episode? Pin it for later…