“One thing I want to highlight since we brought in Pinterest into this, that typically for a wedding service provider, the number one search term for a location, of course location is important, because you’re not going to shoot a wedding in Canada if you live in Dallas, is Dallas Wedding Venue is the number one place people start. And then Dallas Wedding Photographer.”
Somehow, in nearly 60 episodes, we haven’t chatted about SEO. Mostly because I find it is easier to share on a blog post or video tutorial, because of the visual element it provides. Regardless, we are chatting all about Search Engine Optimization on today’s episode. Specifically, Vanessa and I are discussing 5 quick SEO fixes that you can make today on your website. There is a guide in the show notes that is associated with this episode. I highly recommend checking it out for a more streamlined look at what we are discussing. Make sure to also check out the other resources mentioned in this episode.
Find it quickly…
- 3:02 – The importance of these quick fixes and why we are discussing them specifically
- 5:06 – Keyword research
- 7:40 – Pinterest and Wedding Service Providers
- 9:32 – How to organize keywords
- 12:29 – How to determine what pages to “protect” for specific keywords
- 13:25 – How a tag or category page can help with SEO
- 14:17 – What are titles and metatags, how to update them, and why
- 21:22 – What are heading tags and how many to use?
- 23:51 – What are alt tags and how they help with SEO
- 26:09 – Keywords and Headings
- 29:42 – Optimizing URLs
- 32:55 – What are internal links and how to make them?
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Save it for later…