‘“You would be surprised how many people come to us and say that “I really want something that is unique and something that reflects me” and it looks like “Insert Photographer’s Name here.” These are contradictory things so we always go back and say, “Hey, we are going to focus on something that is unique to you and reflects your brand.”’
It has only taken 60 plus episodes, but Krista has finally joined me for an episode of the podcast. It is the perfect time too, because we are kicking off a mini-series about branding and website design. Krista and I are chatting about the 5 ways to get the most out of a branding project and we even include an activity to start working on your brand’s aesthetic. We cover things like hiring a designer, timing, and tips for completing a project. We know that we did not discuss everything in this episode, so if there is something that you would like to learn more about, please reach out! We will try to cover it during this mini-series.
Many of you probably know who Krista is, but if you don’t, she is my wife, creative director, and lead designer here at Davey and Krista. She would probably also add that she is my boss, but that is a highly debated subject over here.
Find it Quickly
- 3:44 – Why we are talking about branding and why it’s important
- 6:22 – The importance of finding a brand designer who specializes
- 9:13 – Tip #1–Getting the timing right
- 10:33 – What holds up a project
- 11:55 – Who a branding project is good for
- 13:50 – An error people makes
- 16:05 – People changing their business names and the importance of branding
- 17:25 – Tip #2–Figuring out your “why”
- 20:52 – Tip #3–Be aware of your competition, but don’t copy!
- 22:47 – Tip #4–Think of your ideal client
- 28:38 – Can you have more than one client avatar?
- 31:50 – Tip #5–Create a Pinterest Board
Save it for later…