“Time is precious always, but in that particular season, it was super precious to me. And I felt like I was spinning my wheels in my business and not seeing the priorities that I needed to focus on. So quarterly planning helped me zone in. It helped me figure out what revenue do I need to focus on, what marketing strategies do I need to focus on. I need to put my blinders on. I was getting “disco ball syndrome” as my friend Megan Martin says and was looking at all these pretty, shiny things and wanting to do everything. So quarterly planning just helps me focus in on exactly what I need to do and when I need to do it.”
Today I am joined by Creative at Heart conference host and founder, Kat Schmoyer. Kat is joining me on the podcast to talk about quarterly planning, a very timely discussion at the beginning of the year here. But it is important to remember that there is nothing special about January 1st, so regardless of when you are listening to this podcast episode, you can start planning at any point during the year; it is never too late.
Kat and I discuss everything from why quarterly planning, what sorts of things are looked at each quarter, who should be involved, how far in advance you should you plan, and setting yourself up for success so that you can actually execute the plan you lay out for yourself.
If you are interested in learning more about Kat and Creative at Heart, be sure to check out episode 6.
Find it Quickly
- 3:03 – Creative at Heart Round 10
- 6:30 – What is quarterly planning and what do you do
- 7:25 – Why to do this by quarter instead of by year
- 8:50 – What sort of things you should look at while quarterly planning
- 11:33 – Content quarterly planning
- 15:50 – How you organize the information
- 19:05 – Other things to look at on a quarterly basis
- 22:35 – Goal setting
- 26:35 – How far in advance to plan the quarter
- 29:28 – Who should be a part of quarterly planning
- 30:58 – The environment Kat sets up for quarterly planning
- 35:00 – Finding the time and how long you need to dedicate it
- 38:30 – Creative 24/7
More about Kat
Kat Schmoyer is a momprenuer, founder of Creative at Heart & wedding planner! With over 6 years experience in the world of small business, and 3 brands under her belt, she has grown her dream from a glorified hobby to a profitable business that allowed both herself and her husband to leave their traditional 9-5’s. She loves working from home with him & her son, has a slight obsession with things pink & could talk all day about #bachelornation and cheesy Hallmark movies!
Save it for later…