“Not only knowing what you want to teach, but knowing the format that you want to teach it in. There are so many ways to educate in our world. It could be virtual, it could be online, could be in person events, could be one-on-one, it could be small groups, you could be speaking. I mean the list goes on and on. And to knowing the type of education that you’re meant to exist in.”
Today’s guest is educator and fellow podcaster, Laylee Emadi, and we’re talking about just that: education. We chat all about what it means to be an educator, discerning whether that’s a business to start, and how to get started if you want to build an education business. Laylee is also the host of the “So Here’s the Thing” Podcast so I take some time to ask her about podcasting.
Find It Quickly
- 3:55 – Laylee’s story
- 6:57 – What do you think about the connection between teaching and entrepreneurship?
- 12:26 – What does it mean to be an educator?
- 19:29 – What should people know when trying to become an educator?
- 23:41 – How can someone get started in education?
- 28:45 – Tips for transitioning from one-to-one education
- 30:29 – How to get people talking about you
- 34:20 – The education path she sees her students take
- 35:44 – Coaching people through pricing
- 41:35 – The most enjoyable and surprising aspect of her podcast
More about Laylee
Laylee is an educator, podcast host, and photographer with a heart for serving clients and fellow creatives. She believes in serving the creative industry with heartfelt encouragement, honest advice, and a shared pursuit of the ever-elusive “balance.” Laylee is passionate about her goal to help you feel confident in your ability to make a difference, create impact, and to build a life doing what you love.
Save it for later…