“You really need a keyword strategy. You need to get your Pinterest profile optimized, so whether you’re starting a new account or you’re optimizing an account that you’ve had for a long time, that needs to be cleaned up. So that looks like getting really clear on what your keyword strategy is and that could be as basic as what’s the main thing that you do. If you’re a brand designer, popping in those keywords into the Pinterest platform and seeing what else pops up with it.”
Vanessa Kynes is my guest on the podcast today and she is helping us get ready for the new year by sharing what we can do to be successful on Pinterest in 2021. We recap some of the biggest updates of Pinterest in 2020 and chat what users can expect in 2021. This builds on the last two episodes that Vanessa has done on the Brands that Book podcast about Pinterest, so if you’re interested in learning more about Pinterest, especially if it’s new to you, be sure to check out her first 2 episodes about Pinterest on the podcast.
This episode was recorded live on the Davey and Krista Facebook Page. We’re going to start recording all of our episodes live to give our listeners a chance to ask questions of guests in real time. I’ll do my best to release the schedule ahead of time, but sometimes that’s just not possible. The easiest way to catch a live episode is to be following the Davey and Krista Facebook Page.
Find it Quickly
- 3:00 – Why should we focus on Pinterest
- 5:19 – Updates to Pinterest in 2020
- 8:03 – How to use stories on Pinterest
- 11:59 – Reels vs. Static Images on Pinterest Stories
- 13:08 – Vanessa’s guess on the impact of video content and Pinterest
- 15:37 – How Pinterest can help when you need to take a break
- 17:32 – What you need to look out for in regards to Pinterest 2021
- 20:22 – Ramping up your presence on Pinterest
- 25:22 – Pinterest and Hashtags
- 26:25 – The one thing you should focus on for Pinterest in 2021
- How to Use Pinterest to Increase Brand Visibility & Website Traffic
- Pinterest Trends for 2019
- Pin Progress Course
More about Vanessa
Vanessa is a Pinterest Marketing Strategist for creative small businesses. As a YouTuber, blogger, and consultant, she helps creative small businesses blossom by creating traffic-generating Pinterest strategies to increase their brand visibility, grow their email list, and make more sales. Juggling the demands of her own budding business with those of family and home, she specializes in efficient productivity, making the most out of every moment, and every pin!
Hailing originally from the great state of Texas, she has lived in two foreign countries and enjoys traveling with her three sweet daughters and memory-seeking husband.
Save it for later…