“Somebody asked about designing the house. One thing I thought that are architect did that was really cool was he asked us how we live our life. So he asked us to write a manifesto describing our lifestyle, so we talked about how we work from home.”
We’ve reached episode 100! Well, technically we’ve already passed episode 100, if you count the intro and the Founder Series episodes. But regardless, we’re excited to celebrate what feels like a big podcasting milestone!
I just want to take a moment and say thank you for listening. I can’t tell you how encouraging it is to receive emails and messages from people who listen to the podcast and have shared how it’s impacted their business. It’s been such a fun project to take on over the last few years, not really knowing where it’s going, but it’s been so much fun and I’ve learned so much along the way.
We wrestled a bit with what the topic of episode 100 would be. I knew that Krista had to join me for this episode and we eventually just decided to ask y’all through Facebook and Instagram what questions you had for us. So we spend the episode chatting about all sorts of topics from advice we’d give business owners who are newly full time in their business, to our daily routines and how we manage parenting while working from home, to how Krista got started in website design, and other life updates. We hope you enjoy this conversation as much as we did.
I’ve also decided that I want to answer more of your questions during each episode. If you have a question that you’d like me or my guest to answer on the podcast, let us know by sending us a message on our website or by DMing us on Instagram.
Find it Quickly
- 6:29 – How did you learn to design and build websites?
- 8:32 – Step 1 for becoming a designer
- 9:55 – Our routine with Jack while running a business
- 13:20 – Do you work when Jack is around?
- 15:57 – How we are adapting during the pandemic
- 18:43 – Where and why are we moving?
- 24:00 – Designing the house
- 25:40 – Biggest differences between Showit and WordPress/Elementor
- 28:42 – Best and hardest part of podcasting? What would you recommend as a first step? One thing you would do differently if you started one tomorrow?
- 31:53 – How do you budget as both a new and established business when income is less reliable than going to a job?
- 35:42 – How did you get yourself out there and taking yourself from photographers to where you are today?
- 38:10 – One thing you would continue to do even if you weren’t paid to do it?
- 40:42 – Things we implement to keep work/life balance
- 43:09 – Parts of your business that you outsource and how it has changed?
- 47:40 – Best advice for a newly formed business owner working from home?
- 52:32 – What do the next 5 years look for you both personally and professionally?
- Showit vs. Elementor (WordPress)
- Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz
Save it for later…