I think it’s important to have multiple collections because people need something to compare against. People more easily understand the value of something, if they can compare it against something else.
We’ve discussed this before, but being good at what you do is simply not enough much of the time.
For better or worse, people don’t compare products and services objectively. Instead a variety of factors—many of which we are not conscious of—impact our purchasing decisions.
And at least a hot few of those factors have to do with pricing, such as how we assign or perceive value, and how services and prices are presented to us.
I’d argue that crafting the right offer is one of the most important aspects of becoming a profitable, thriving business. An effective offer is easy-to-understand, demonstrates clear value, educates and overcomes objections.
This post explores tips for service providers who want to craft effective pricing ‘collections’ or ‘packages’ for their business.
<< Read the Full Post >>
Find it Quickly:
- 4:30 – Why should we be creating multiple pricing collections?
- 9:10 – An opportunity to educate clients
- 14:02 – Surprise gifts
- 14:47 – How to price your collections
- 18:37 – What differentiates these collections?
- 22:44 – The value in packages and client experience
- 24:00 – Presenting your collections to your audience
- 26:02 – The ‘when’ and ‘how’ of presenting your prices
- 27:27 – Qualifying questions encourages people to respond
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
- Showit Add-on Pages: Pricing Page Version 1 | Pricing Page Version 2
- WordPress Add-on Pages: Pricing Page Version 1 | Pricing Page Version 2
- Communication Guide (Email Templates)
- Pricing/Collection Guide (PDF)
Enjoy this episode? Pin it for later…